Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Xbox 360 D Pad Sparks Some Discussion



Yesterday, an article was published in Destructoid called "Undeniable failure: An open letter to Microsoft on the Xbox 360 Dpad". In it, the author explains why the D-pad on Xbox 360 controllers suck.

Basically it is because a "fuc**ed up" construction of the controller on the inside. Now, I've had many controllers on my life, and I have to say that the Xbox and Xbox 360 controllers are the best for me. I've tried playing with analog sticks on PS but it just sucks. This is important to me since I like to play lots of First Person Shooters.

However, the article reminded me of some days ago, when I was entering my name on Xbox Live and the Analog sticks seemed to work better than the D-Pad. Keep in mind though, that I've never thought of this as a problem.

Destructioid's evidence seems to be right, and I have to also say WHY MICROSOFT? Bad controller, 3 red lights, well... This is still my favorite "next-generation" console though. I love it, and I'm accustomed to playing a lot with the Analog sticks.

However I still use the D-Pad, this article will now make me conscious of the failure. Damn!

No comments: