Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Founder of Rare are without a job


Rare, the same company that gave us titles such as Donkey Kong Country and Killer Instinct, was founded by the Stamper brothers. They had quite success during the period those games came out. Then Microsoft bought the company in $377 million (a lot of cash) Well, the thing is now these brothers are not working anymore for the company. Some rumors say that this happened due to the low sales of their ltest title Viva PiƱata, for the Xbox 360.

I really feel bad when things such as this happens. And even more bad, when I see it is very common in big companies. I can say, that I would hate being fired from the same company I helped build. But well, some might say, this is the way businesses works.

1 comment:

Joonas said...

I thought the founder bros walked out on their own initiative.