Thursday, March 09, 2006

The Koopalings are back!!!!!! Oh yeah, me too


Yeah yeah, One Player is back. After a forced vacations from this blog, I now have more time to post here. In fact the last comment from Doom brought me out of the numbness I entered. So thanx Doom you're the man!!

Speaking of back there are some great news for us who love SMB. The koopalings will be back. Well, I didn't know they were called that way either, but they are the kids of good ol' Bowser. I used to play hours SMB 3 just to kill every one of those bastards, and then SMB World and then... they vanished. I wonder how are they now....

In a recent interview with Nintendo Power Magazine, Takashi Tezuka--Shigeru Miyamoto's right hand man--revealed some new information regarding the highly anticipated New Super Mario Bros. for the Nintendo DS.

In the interview Tezuka is asked who may be returning in the new game:

NP: Will we see any other beloved characters from the Mario universe, such as Yoshi, Toad, etc.? How about Bowser and the Koopalings?

TT: All of the characters you mentioned will show up except for Yoshi (laughs). Because we're trying to get back to the spirit of the original Super Mario Bros., Yoshi doesn't really fit.


This is good news as the Koopalings have been sadly out of action for some time now. Having them join in the fray will be a great plus and will also add to the boss elements of the game.


You can read the full news here. That reminds me, I have to buy a DS. Peace!!!